The CDEA believes that every child learns to their maximum potential when developmentally appropriate materials and resources are used to guide their physical, intellectual, social, emotional, and moral/spiritual development.
Our homes, communities, state, and nation are best served when the values of God are revealed to children by the day-to-day Christian lifestyle of parents, teachers, and significant others.
The CDEA encourages legislative involvement; quality accreditation; well-trained staff; child development education; quality, comprehensive curricula inclusive of faith-based materials, values and developmentally appropriate practice, and ministries to families. The CDEA also works with and provides resources for like-minded faith-based and values-based groups.
Our Mission …
is to encourage child development education, quality accreditation, legislative involvement, networking of Christian early care educators, support for parents, community involvement, ministry to families in need and quality, and to provide comprehensive curricula inclusive of Christian materials and values. It is our mission to pursue and provide the highest standards of educational excellence within Christ-centered child care, kindergarten, and preschool programs, implemented through:
- Assisting early childhood professionals in applying the principles of child development and age-appropriate education within the context of Christian program.
- Providing a positive influence with state legislatures, childcare licensing agencies, and other professional child development organizations.
- Promoting the acceptance of all children and affirming the role of the traditional family lifestyle.
- Assisting preschool leaders, parents, and churches in their efforts to guide young children through the networking of Christian childcare professionals.
- Guiding staff and parents to provide young children with Christian values and a belief system that will enable them to become secure, productive adults.
- Providing opportunities for Christian centers to build a well-trained staff based on developmentally appropriate concepts.
- Providing teachers, administrators, and parents with up-to-date, accurate information on legislation which affects Christian childcare programs.
- Assisting policy makers in their efforts to provide children with safe, healthy environments in which to grow and learn through a united Christian community and a strong Christ-like advocacy.
- Encouraging Christian staff to participate in community events which promote the benefits of a developmental approach to early childhood education.
We believe …
- Each child is created by God to be unique and special.
- Self-esteem and esteem for others are affirmed by nurturing teachers who understand how young children learn and guide them accordingly.
- Self-respect and respect for others are taught by respecting the individuality of each child.
- Children and parents are most secure when Christian moral and spiritual values are reinforced in the classroom setting.
- Children learn to their maximum potential when age appropriate materials and resources are used in guiding their physical, intellectual, social, emotional, and moral/spiritual development.
- Our homes, state, and nation are best served when the values of God are revealed to children by the day to day Christian lifestyle of parents, teachers, and significant others.
Our Code of Ethics reflects a core set of beliefs and values which are fundamental to the care and education of young children and to the mission of the CDEA. It provides a framework of principles to guide early care educators as they interact and network with children, families and communities within the context of early childhood care and education.
Click here to learn more about the CDEA Code of Ethics.